Wednesday, July 22, 2009

First Day of School

Tonight Seven had his first puppy class. He was SUCH a star! The emphasis of the class is on socialization and learning how to play appropriately. There were two older pups (about 4-5 months) who were a bit rough and had short fuses. One was a boxer/possible Dogo Argentino and the other was a Boston Terrier. Seven was the only pup who could play with these two...and play he DID! He LOVED them! He would dive underneath them and let them "have their way" with him. It was rather shameless. I blame his bossy sisters (their were 7 puppies in his litter...6 were girls) Seven has grown up being taken advantage of and now he thinks it's great fun. There were also a couple of teeny tiny pups who wanted nothing to do with the rough and tumble play sessions. Seven was politely told to FUCK OFF by one of them and he promptly did. Good boy Cooper! For teaching Seven about what teeth are used for.As if this wasn't enough fun for one night, as I was leaving I spotted a pretty little Pit Bull on her way into the building and just about fell over....PAISLEY!!!

Paisley is the "one that got away" for me. She was my last foster dog through Hug-a-bull and I was already planning on adding Seven to my life when I started fostering her. Knowing that I was going to be getting a brand spankin' new Vizsla puppy soon was the ONLY reason I didn't scoop this girl up and run. She was really the most perfect dog. She was the perfect mixture of rugged, tenacious and high energy with sweet, adorable and cuddly. I ADORE this dog and often think about her and what it would be like if I'd kept her. Paisley went to her new home just weeks before I went to pick up Seven and I haven't heard anything about her since. I could barely believe my eyes tonight. When Paisley left she looked like this...


Tonigh, the dog I saw looked like this...


Okay, maybe not quite...but she HAS grown! She was about 10 months when she left me and she was a bit skinny and gangly. Now, her muscles have developed and her head isn't peanut sized any more...she looks like a real, adult dog :-)

It was so good seeing her again, but it definetely brought back some of the feelings I'd been just starting to get over. I can tell I'm going to dream about this little jem tonight. I've already started thinking about trying another foster again in a little while :-) Pit Bull fosters...you never can have just one!


I'm going to leave you with the sweet results of puppy class


A tired puppy is a GOOD puppy


1 comment: