Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pointless Fun

I've been doing a lot more shaping with my dogs (excluding Jazz, he's enjoying his retirement from new training) due to the new "dog nerd training challenge" blog that me and my two fellow dog nerds have started. It was just the inspiration I needed to get back into a regular training rhythm. I've now taught two totally pointless but rather difficult tricks to Cooper and 7 and we've have a lot of fun practicing every night.
7 has learned to blow bubbles with his nose in a bowl of water on cue...yeah, I know early on in this blog I mentioned trying to teach this to Cooper but that just never really worked out and now that I've got a new super operant puppy who has no problem shoving his schnoz into water...I just gave up and let the new guy have it.
Here is this little gem...
Photobucket
Meanwhile Cooper has been perfecting his "get in a suitcase and be adorable" trick. He jumps in to a suitcase with the lid closed and when I say "ready" he pokes his nose out of the lid...you know, 'cause it's adorable!
"Get packed"

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! And...um...7 is on the counter in that bubbles video isn't he! Cooper in the suitcase is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he's on the counter...good catch! My mom's doing the filming and to get the angle right to see into the bowl we had to have him high up, otherwise my mom would have had to lie on the floor and she's just not that committed!

    ReplyDelete