Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Agility Champion of the WORLD!







Ok, not quite...but close!

Jazz finished 2nd at this year's AAC BC/Yukon Regional Championships! We didn't get as many points this year, last year we finished 2nd with 483 points and this year we only managed 428 but we beat a lot more dogs. I guess this means that this year's courses were more difficult than last. I couldn't be happier with my li'l old man! He gave me every thing he had in every run (that dog couldn't disappoint me if he tried.) Despite that very hot weather on Saturday and occasional down-pours on Sunday, he was consistently fast and accurate all weekend. My wonderful friends and mother managed to film 5 out of 6 of my runs for me, so here they are...







Unfortunately as Murphy's Law would have it, the one run that didn't get filmed this weekend, Standard 2, was my absolute favourite. We were so in sync from beginning to end, there was never any doubt in my mind that we would go clean...and that's exactly what we did. Also, we finished 16 seconds under time so that gained us 16 bonus points! This was just one of those runs that leave you smiling for hours afterwards and you feel small chills up your spine when you think back to it days later.
Now, it's time to plan for Nationals which is being held in Spruce Meadows in Calgary this year. For a horsey girl like me, there's no better place so I'm just a tad excited!

Jazz wasn't the only star recently. I took 7 to another Susan Garrett Seminar in Pitt Meadows on Monday and he did beautifully. It was a foundation seminar that built on the exercises she showed us the last time she was here over a year ago. A number of times I heard her comment on how good-looking 7 is (but we all knew that!) and how well he was doing. She took me aside at one point and commented on our partnership very positively! Of course, I was so star-struck I can't remember exactly what she said but it was something along the lines of "you're doing a great job with that Vizsla, keep it up!" I was extremely proud of my baby dog and very inspired in our training. More weave training progress videos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment