Saturday, January 9, 2010

First snow

Well, as it seems like we're probably not gonna get any snow here this year (which is fine with me after last year's blizzards.) Faren (mutts-unleashed) and I headed up to Cypress with the pups to expose them to their first snow. 7 is a summer baby and Fenway's about 5-6 months old so I'm pretty confident he's never seen snow before. Beezer, Faren's dog, is also just 5 months old so it was a puppy party! Jazz and Cooper stayed home due to their both being shaved naked. Who would do such a thing in the middle of winter? *shrug*
Ruby and Murphy came along as well as Faren's older dog Amigo. Boat loads of fun was had by all!


Did I mention Beezer is freakishly adorable? 'Cause he is!



Seven:"Amigo!? Did you know there is cold, wet, deleriously fun white stuff all over the ground!? Why didn't anyone tell me about this!!?"
Amigo: "Throw a pinecone or get lost."

7, Beezer and Fenway spent 90% of their time running full tilt all over the trails taking turns chasing eachother.


It is such a joyful experience watching young pups running their hearts out. It's great to see them having so much fun but the real kicker is the knowledge that when you get home, there will be very tired puppies lying still and sleeping. It doesn't get any better than that!

On another note, what do you do when you come accross a small snow cave? If you answered "stuff puppies into it", you win!




Fenway and Beezer were not as thrilled with the idea as we were...


But, 7 was right on board and cut out the middle man, trying to stuff himself in the snow cave...His plan had a flaw........





And now I sit in my perfeclty quiet home with all the dog's konked out in exhausted sleep (Jazz and Cooper must have exhausted themselves pulling out all the garbage because they're snoring too.)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh love all the pictures and I'm jealous that I was stuck at work during that fun! Are you liking your new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove it! I'm still getting the hang of which settings work when (as you can see!) but it's so much better than my old camera :-)

    ReplyDelete