Friday, February 26, 2010

Brotherly Love


My two boys snuggling...Gawd, these two love eachother!

Tomororw I head out to another Outreach session with Kim Collins. The last outreach weekend I did with 7 was when he was about 4 months old. This time I'm very excited because we will be able to do so many more of the exersizes! The things I feel I really need to work on are...
Nose targets- He has beautiful, hard touches on any floor other than dirt or grass. On those surfaces he gets "dainty" and doesn't drive down into the touch as hard.
Rear crosses- I've done very little in teaching him the flatwork for rear crosses. Maybe 2 or 3 sessions clicking him for turning his head when I cross behind his line, and that's it.
ABCD (Anti Blind Cross Drills)- I've done basically none of these and it shows as 7 does not fully understand that he must never cross behind my body when working.
Crate Games- I've been very slack on these and I need to work him on more impulse control, driving into the crate and siting when I open the door.
That's my list for now but at the end of this weekend I'm sure I'll have much more to add!

No comments:

Post a Comment